Lapas

piektdiena, 2015. gada 23. janvāris

I solemnly swear I'm not mentioning ABBA in this post about Swedish music!

It was one of those last warm and sunny days of late summer here in Karlstad. I was full of pleasantness after a great day talking, laughing, ravioling and sipping wine with my cousin Līga when I finally got to one of the local film festivals that are sometimes held here. Excited to get some culture in my system I met my classmate Joakim just to discover that we kinda missed almost the whole thing. So we ended up hanging around on a beautiful piece of the earth near the river (google tells me it's called promontory) and in a moment of total honesty I confessed that I do not care about music.

Yes, I said that. And most of the time I really mean it. I know it is super stylish these days to identify with your favorite artists, but mine just happen to be writing books not singing. I like the sound of the silence as much as I like music. Anyways - to not care about music was something my new friend found utterly wrong and as a music loving person was dedicated to fix. And I must admit he succeeded a little.

Without a further ado I would like to introduce you to the great Swedish MIXTAPE I got as a result of my inability to keep embarrassing and totally non-fancy secrets to myself:



Because of the lovely fact that I have two Swedish friends here and Linnea (apart from being my second half of The Octopus) is also highly artsy, the mixtape was the beginning of getting to know music of my Erasmus homeland even more. It is funny how you can kinda puke in your mouth every time you hear something remotely lovey-dovey or too sentimental and then fall in love with something like this:


or this:

or even this!

For me the music I got to know along with my friends is now loaded with memories of the fun times we had here together. I might even get resistant to say I don't care about music. As much as I still like the empty spaces that silence gives for your own imagination to float around, I find myself loving the wonderful things that can fill those spaces too. It is kinda the same but very different.




If you feel like I am missing something else that totally rocks Swedish music scene and is important, feel free to share it to fix this wrongdoing! ;)


Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru